Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three Thorough Boyfriends (this is all you pri ;) )

After going to the mall to pay a cell phone bill, which I am starting to think is a complete waste of money, me and a friend visiting from college had a talk about the empty spaces in our lives. She is dealing with boyfriend problems as well as a difficult journey to self discovery. After we purchased a tasty fat filed cinnabon, I explained my identical tribulations and suggested a few life fillers that are working for me right now. Although I have spent about 7 years trying to fill all of my empty voids with boys, after I broke away from my real passions which include dancing, academics, and doing stupid things with my friends, the act is getting old. SO, I am proposing you pick three things which make you absolutely happy in order to fill your own voids and here are a few suggestions...

 Pick a hobby. I like to think of hobbies as the activities that make you happiest in life. Some of us grew up, consumed by extracurricular activities and find this easier to identify with then others. Unfortunately, not everyone took the time to be dedicated to hobbies because we have managed to be consumed with our parents or friends issues and this can be dentrimental to our growth. Well, the habit must be broken eventually and I think trying new things is a good place to start.

Next, spend quality time at school or work. When we put energy into these areas, we get better grades, promotions, and progress without even noticing. It is okay to put yourself before others, trust me the majority of Americans are doing the same and for those who say they put others before them always are lying.

Last, occupy your time with good friends who reflect your likes and values. I know as we grow older, many of us feel a need to act "cool", but being cool is overrated. When we groom ourselves constantly, try to dress up to please others, and paint our nails so the boy in our communications class will think highly of us (which I have done), then we are not being true. (I was happy when my toe nails were painted like the rainbow, thank you very much!) Back to my point, good friends reflect a good you! So surround yourself with genuine personalities and yours will blossom.

Who needs a boyfriend while all of these good things are going on anyways? Go on a few dates, put yourself first, and all will be well. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment